When I go back and review my goals for 2018, I’m reminded of how much progress I made this past year. I thought it would be hard to come up with specific victories that happened. Oftentimes, the past 12 months felt like a blur with almost constant demands of three young children and a business I do mostly in my fringe hours.
But, SO many good things happened in 2018 that were right in alignment with my goals:
- our oldest, Reese, learned to ride a bike without training wheels, learned to read books and has the most adorable big kid haircut
- our middle daughter, Avery, became a doting big sister, loved helping with everything around the house and displayed her independence and determination in every way
- the birth of our sweet Clara and what a miracle that was
- focus on unplugged time with our family, which is why this blog of mine hasn’t had very much love lately
- an overflowing photography schedule with clients that I love
- establishing better boundaries for work from our home life
- creating more systems to automate and organize my business in Honeybook
- a mini kitchen renovation that opened up our dining room to the kitchen (been eyeing that one since we moved in)
- beautiful window boxes for our exterior that my husband lovingly built me
- front yard landscaping (finally!!)
- our house really feeling like a home after 3.5 years of renovations
As you can see, there is so much to be thankful for. Sometimes, you have to take a break from the day-to-day to see the progress that was made little by little. To think, this all happened with 3 kids under 5 and basically no childcare.
When I compare the year in review to my five themes from last year that became my life mantra, I find so much joy that I really stayed true to those themes for the most part. Next week, I’ll be sharing my 2019 goals with you which I’m SO excited about. Stay tuned for that!
In the meantime, I encourage you to review this past year if you haven’t already and ask yourself these questions:
- What worked for you in 2018?
- What are you most proud of from 2018 (big or small)?
- What didn’t work?
- What changes can you make in 2019?
I’d love to hear about it in the comments below and cheer you on!